June 18, 2008

Meet Vince

Vincent Joseph Silvestro was born last night at 10:26 pm.
7 lbs, 8.8 oz
20" long
Mom and baby are doing fine. It was a really long labor for Lisa, almost 41 hours from Lisa's first contraction to when Vince was born. The contractions didn't really get into a good pattern until the end.

We're so lucky that we had such awesome people supporting us. Our doula Jan was really amazing; I don't think that Lisa could have done this without her. The midwives, Deb and Debbie, and our nurse Pam were so supportive of Lisa, and such a huge help to us. We'll post more on the labor and delivery later.

Here's what you really care about:

Our first family portrait

Lisa and VinceVince strikes a pose for all the ladies out there

13 comments:

Rasta G said...

Congratulations Lisa and Mike. Vince is a good looking chap. Came out with a full head of hair; it'll save you some on Rogaine. Very happy for you guys.

Chris Bentzel said...

Congrats to the three of you - hope to meet you soon Vince!

jenny said...

Congrats! Everyone looks fantastic! I can't wait to meet Vince in person. Happy Birthday, Vince! :-) xoxo

erika said...

Yay! Welcome to the world, Vince! You're beautiful!

Jocelyn Tremblay said...

congratulations guys... I thought for sure he had been born much earlier in the day and that you just hadn't posted anything yet. Good things come to those who wait and think of the guilt trip you already have to use on him, my mom still tells me how she was in labor with me for three days, it works every time. He is beautiful, can't wait to meet him in person. Let us know when you are ready for visitors.

Scribblin' 'Possum said...

Oh my gosh, you guys!! Vincent is beautiful!! Dad and I were just talking about your due date on Sunday and wondering when our new little grandson/nephew was going to arrive - and here he is! Awesome!!

So, how does it feel to officially be a new mommy and daddy? :)

Dad said you might also be making a trip out here in September?? Tell me that's true, please. I can't wait to see this little guy in person... and you both too, of course. :P

XOXOXOXOXO

Sanj said...

Bellisimo!!! Congratulations to the beautiful parents of beautiful Vince. Good luck with the sleep deprivation ;)
XOXO,
Sanju (Mother of Luca)

Anonymous said...

Vince is beautiful and looks like he's read' to go...but per usual..lisa, you look stunning!!!
congratulations again!!! xo

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! He's gorgeous.

If only my girls were a little younger, I'd be all: here's a dowry of a cow and two goats, Vince meet your new wife Madi. He does like older women doesn't he?

I'm very happy for all of you.

Love,
Jody

Katie said...

Yea!!! Wonderful news! Can't wait to meet the little man. You did it, Lisa! Woo hoo!

Jessica said...

Vince is beautiful! Good job both of you! Can't wait to see you in August.

Cez said...

Congratulations! I hope you two can get some rest in the midst of all the chaos. He's adorable.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Such a handsome dude! Can't wait to meet him. I glad everything turned out alright and everyone is doing well. Enjoy you little guy. He's get bigger before you know it!