So I arranged to have us meet Norah and her mom at the playground after school. Vince was so excited to hear that we were meeting them at the playground, the whole drive over there he barked orders at my mom and I that we are not to eat any of our lunch until Norah gets there. No one was to start eating until everyone got to the playground! When they found each other near the slides it was as if they hadn't seen each other in years, not that they just said good bye 5 minutes ago in their class rooms!
Vince ran around with Norah escorting her to each play item.... "Norah, should we go on the swings now"? "Norah let's go on the teeter totter together". He was utterly dedicated to making sure Norah was having fun, and got his feathers in a ruffle when anyone else tried to spend time with her as well. Whoa little man! I actually thought for a minute about explaining to Vince that he was laying it on a little too thick... but then remembered he's 3 1/2. Yeah, that wouldn't work.
So instead, I arranged for another meet up at our house. Why fight it?.....well, these two need more supervision!
Within the first 3 minutes of their visit, I found Vince and Norah in the bathroom... Vince's suspenders down around his ankles.. and Norah helping him get on the potty (she's about 1/2 foot taller than Vince, lol!). It was a picture I'll never forget. Here's to many more supervised play dates!
Here they are eating their pizza bagels together
No comments:
Post a Comment