October 6, 2008

Weekend in Schenectady

This weekend was one of Mike's cousin's wedding receptions, so we packed up the car Friday night and headed to Schenectady for the weekend. After this trip I think we've learned that Vince's limit in the car is pretty much 3 hours. We've realized that we need to load him up with milk, change his diaper, stick the pacifier in his mouth, and then immediately get him in the car and shove off for our destination. He's a pretty good little traveler while we're on the freeway. As soon as the car slows down however, or God forbid we have to stop at a light, he'll begin to protest. He makes it very clear that he does not like traffic lights. I've heard this same thing goes on with my other friends babies too.... I have to admit I've done a few California Rolls through some stop signs just to keep Vince satisfied. Does anyone have other ideas that help them get through crying while in the car?

Mike has somewhere around 26 cousins, so I wasn't surprised when I hadn't met the cousin whose celebration it was for. We stayed with his Aunt Perina and Uncle Tony, so Vince got to meet his some of his Schenectady family.....

Aunt Perina gives a warm welcome


Cousin Julie got lots of smiles from Vince


Fun at the wedding reception


Singing some karaoke along with Gino and Paul


Meanwhile Vince's Pop Pop was cutting a rug with Uncle Paul and.... who is that woman?


Pop Pop and Uncle Tony resting after a hard day of partying (probably about 7pm)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Looks like a Silvestro event... empty wine glasses on the table and the men passed out on the couch.